Whether you have a green thumb or not, having a plant or a nursery inside the house is something which everyone appreciates and love. A little greenery works wonders and no doubt brings a ray of life in your space of living. You will be surprised to know that apart from the benefit of plants offering the colour green they also have lots positive impacts to its surroundings. Green colour is always associated with nature, energy, freshness, growth and what not.
However, if you are a beginner and don’t know which plant you should use for indoor plant nursery or how to put together your idea then here is the list of some plants which are low maintenance and are best for indoors.
- Rubber Plant: It is called as “great beginner’s plant” as it does not require much effort and can flourish anywhere easily. The indoor version of the plant comes in three colours i.e. pink, cream and black.
- Mother in law’s tongue: It is also known as snake plant to some of the people. Both the names are given because of its long-pointed leaves. The plant accommodates to varied situations in an indoor plant nursery set-up however it prefers bright lights. Hence keeping it near windows or doors is a good idea. It does not require too much watering as it will kill the plant. So, watering once in a month is quite sufficient.
- Maidenhair Ferns: The only complication with this plant is that it requires regular misting or watering. Hence if you tend to forget things then it will be better to set a reminder as the result is worth the effort for your indoor plant nursery. This plant adds softness as well as texture to any kind of interior, i.e. from traditional to retro; it goes along with all of them.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig: Talk about plant love by the interior decorators. This plant is great hit with the interior designing community as it enhances the beauty of every room where it is planted. It grows up to 2-3 metres with glossy and leathery leaves giving a great view to the room.
- Devil’s Ivy: It is among few of the plants which purifies the indoor air and are happy to grow with neglect and infrequent watering. In homes or indoor plant nursery they grow for couple of metres and stay gorgeous.
- Air Plants: There are more than 650 species of air plants. They are named “air plants” because they gather most of their nutrients or growth essentials from the air itself. They need watering depending on the weather. If it’s hot then mist, water or soak it regularly. However, in winters it does not require too much effort.
- Moth Orchid: This beautiful indoor flower plant requires water misting only once or twice a week. It enhances the beauty of the place where it is planted. The plant does not require too much effort in growing.
- Zanzibar Gem: The plant has quite a high tolerance for the lack of water or low light. Hence it is the most chosen indoor plant by the people. The plant can even survive draught in the wild. It can be grown in small pots and if starts crowding then one can split it and re-pot the same in their indoor plants nursery.
- Bromeliad: These plants offer the perfect exotic touch to your indoor space by adding a rich texture and colour into the space. Taking care of this plant is not too tough. They grow easily in shallow pots with low soil mediums. These plants do not require high amount of fertilizers or too much water. A steady light with once a month fertilizing is good for them. However, remember that they don’t have a very long life, max up to 1 or 2 years.